
It seems that every two months I seem to get another post out. It has been a very busy time of year and every year it gets busier! More kids and more activities. But that is what life is all about! Watching my kids learn, grow and enjoy life! Kristian is doing really great with really bad days and good days mixed in. I was really excited to have him graduate from nursery, and move on to primary in a few weeks. However, after talking to a few friends I realized that pushing him into sharing time would not be the best idea for him. It was a hard day. Another milestone needed to be passed up because he was not ready. It took a day for me to be okay. I know Kristian cannot be pushed into anything, and primary should not be any different. He really is not ready. I went with his nursery class today for the third time and he was quieter, but still would not sit with the other kids, and all he wanted to do was to march along the empty chairs on the back row. Over and over again. At the end of each lap he would dive onto my lap like a brick and wrap his arms around my neck and sqeeze! He did this about 12 times while sharing time was going on in front. He was not to noisey with his voice so he was not much of a distraction. Then the songs began. He would not participate at all! I really thought to would like to wave his arms like a butterfly in "Do as I'm doing" but much to my dismay he could care less. He generally participates in family home evening to songs such at that but all he wanted was to be held. I asked him multiple times if he wanted to sit with his friends, and he said, "they no my friends", so we stayed on the back row so he could march back and forth. I will try sharing time again in six months and reevaluate where he is at. But we are still going to try class time. It is not going to be easy and I may have to sucome but I still want to give it a shot. After 4 weeks if it is not working then it will be all nursery for the next 6 months, if not the entire year. I am okay with that. He dances to the beat of his own drum, and I would never trade him for the world!!!!
Last Monday Kristian was very insistent about saying family prayers. So Mark let him go for it. He said, "Daddy, Mommy, Reed, Rachel, (pause - tap tap tap) Reed! I pray for you! Rachel I pray for you! Mommy I pray for you! Kayla, Gracie. Kayla I pray for you! Gracie I pray for you!!!!" It was so hard to not start laughing! All the kids were doing their best to keep from busting out in laughter, but it was so hard because he was so funny and so sincere at the same time. It was such a great prayer!
I also want to write about a few people that
Kristian loves. He absolutely adores my friend Shelly Mathie! I cannot say enough good things about Shelly. I remember when she first moved into the neighborhood. I remember thinking, wow she is great, and I wanted to get to know her better. But I did not leave my cave very often so I only saw her at church functions. During sacrament meeting I am generally very strict with my kids so

that they learn at a young age that it is a
special time to learn about our Savior. Leaving the pew was totally against the rules, and sitting with friends was not allowed. So when Kristian started to gravitate to Shelly from across the pew I was not going to let him go. But each week he flirted with the idea more and more. Then he made the leap over to her and their friendship began. I do not remember exactly when it happened but I think he had just stared walking. Kristian loves her and she loves him. I think that sacrament meeting is his favorite time of the week. He does not express those types of things to me, but if he could I am convinced I would be right. Shelly does not push him when he cannot be pushed. She is not offended when he is in a bad mood. She has bought him books and games that she thinks he will enjoy. Not to mention the sippy cup and treats! She loves him unconditionally and he adores her. Now 2 years later David sits with them too, now that the bishopbric has been changed, and now it is a party!!! It continues to bless my life now that Mark took David’s place! It makes me cry when ever I am reminded that Heavenly Father loves us and it is through those friends around us that he meets our needs. She is a gift and an angel. I will always treasure her friendship and advice.
Kristian also loves his little friend Kyra Ward. The Wards have been our friends for over 8 years and I could not ask for better friends. They are amazing and I am a better person because of their friendship. Kyra is their youngest and she is 8 months younger than Kristian. He loves to be around her, although he is a really good friend for about 10-15 minutes and then he gets completely distracted and forgets she is there. She then gets bored and I hang out with her, which is a pleasure! She is my great little buddy. Whenever he sees her he yells, "Hey my best friend!" Kyra is so patient with Kristian, and I know he loves her even though their playdate only lasts for 10-15 minutes.
Lastly, sweet little Kristian loves his mom! He is not very nice to dad at times and will only come to me. I do everything I can to convice him that dad is the man, but he is a little stinker and I end up
doing most things for him. But Mark knows I need a break and so even though he may take a beating from Kristian, Mark knows he will eventually calm down. Kristian loves for me to read him stories. We joke that we have read to him more than all our kids combined, and I do not think that is a coinsidence. But his favorited thing to do is watch me cook. He would make the meal if I would let him and I have to be careful when I turn my head or he may dump some unknown substance into the recipe!! He loves to measure, pour, and stir. He reallly loves tasting! Probably a little too much! Most of the time I love to have my apprentice helping me! Not even the tv distracts him from being my helper, and that is amazing! I know that Kristian will be my little buddy long after my other children have moved out and gone on with their lives, and I am so thankful that we have such a close relationship, I have known of him for so many years and he let me know he was coming into my life. I love his hugs, and getting stuck when we kiss. I love when he is involved with the family and I respect that he cannot always do that and at times he needs to be alone. He will help me along this journey to be a better person. He will teach me what it means to not judge others, and to love more. He is a blessing. My friend has a saying in her kitchen that says. "Help me be paitent with my blessings!" I also need to be more patient with those who do not understand or who do not care, which is what I am struggling with right now. I know that this to shall pass and I will move on to the next thing I need to work on and as I go through this process I hope that my testimony is growing and that I am becoming more Christlike. That is the goal and I am thankful to have my sweet son and friend, Kristian, to help me along this path.
4 comments:
This is such a touching blog. I hope you don't mind my reading. I think Kristian is so beautiful and amazing.
As always another post another cry.
You are truly a wonderful mom to Kristian. I admire your patience and strength.
seriously Rae, I always cry when I read your posts. They are so heartfelt and beautiful. I just love reading them! I think that Kristian is so blessed to have you as a mother, and I know that he is a blessing in your life too. I am so glad that you are doing this blog! This will be so amazing to look back on in the years to come. I think you are wonderdul and I just love you to pieces!!
Kristian is doing amazingly well in sharing time. He participates and seems to fit right in with the rest of the children his age. As I look at him, I realize what a piece of heaven we have in our primary!
Post a Comment